Occasionally, Hermione needs new software installed or updated. In this case, it’s the GPS code. To install that, she needs internet access to be reinstated. Here’s how:
- in /etc/hosts, remove the .local trailer to hermione, so she joins the home network.
- in /etc/hostname, remove the .local trailer from hermione again
- in /etc/network/interface, comment out the static IP config for wlan0 and swap back to the wpa_supplicant variant so it looks like this:
# auto wlan0 # iface wlan0 inet static # address 192.168.42.1 # netmask 255.255.255.0 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet manual wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf iface default inet dhcp
- in /etc/default/udhcpd, uncomment “DHCP_ENABLED=”no”
- in /etc/default/hostapd, comment out “DAEMON_CONF=”/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf”
A reboot then should give access to the internet for updates etc.