No, it’s not a secret code word; great flocks of geese are flying daily over my house in V-formation, honking all the way. It’s a magnificent site to see if you can stand the noise. Around where I live there are many artificial lakes resulting from surface gravel mining a condition of which is that when finished, each mine is rebuild as a lake to attract the wildlife, including the geese.
Anyway, their migration up north is a true sign of Autumn, and the weather maker has taken the hint, and the wind-speeds are up in the teens again. Which is annoying as I need to get the camera motion working smoothly outside before I can bring it inside for inclement weather testing.
Since the embarrassing flight from the other day, I’ve made 2 changes:
- I’ve added complementary filters for vertical and lateral motion sensor velocity and distance inputs from the camera and LEDDAR – previously I was directly overriding the integrated IMU values, and this is the most likely cause (IMHO) of the poor flight quality.
- I’ve ordered a multi-coloured picnic blanket which hopefully will make the job of the macro-block code much easier compared to the high-resolution green-grass it’s previously used.
I am also considering increasing the video resolution (320 x 320) and frame rate (10Hz) up to 480 x 480 or 640 x 640 @ 20Hz. But there’s a balance here to ensure the this still allows enough spare time for the processing of the IMU sensors coming in at 100Hz.