Pretty useless

I bought a second NEO-M8T to test and installed it on Hermione with a custom dome acrylic case I made:

NEO-M8T hat

NEO-M8T hat

I took her for a couple of live flights, using my now standardized 2m square flight plan.

Here’s what the ground facing video saw…

GFV result

GFV result

and here’s the NEO-M8T equivalent:

NEO-M8T results

NEO-M8T results

On the plus side, it did get updates throughout the flight, unlike any of the previous ones I’ve tried, so it seems the DroTek EMI filter is working well.

On the far more significant downside however, although the GPS could see 10 satellites, it was using just 4 of them.  In comparison, Hermione’s previous mode found 14 and used 10 of this.

Bit stuck now until DroTek get back to me with suggestions; the only suspicion I can see is their choice of GPS aerial to use with the NEO-M8T.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *