After some minor code changes yesterday, there was a radical change in Phoebe’s behaviour – either she wouldn’t even start up her props, or she’d leap into the air as fast as she could.
After much racking of brains (not much there to rack), and pulling out of hair (none whatsoever of that to pull out), I found the problem and for once it wasn’t my fault! The accelerometer was putting out 1.999999 as the measure of gravity. Somehow the scale was wrong, but I’d not been anywhere near that code.
I swapped the sensor for my only spare this morning and all is well. But that means I now only have one trustworthy sensor, and no way to get another in time for the CamJam. I hope it holds out until then.