Ahead of the solar eclipse

Beating the solar-eclipse from Andy Baker on Vimeo.

A few test flights to see whether a bug fix I made had solved my eternal problem with vertical velocity – I’d assumed vertical acceleration would never exceed 2g, so used the ±2g configuration for the accelerometer to get the highest resolution of ±0.6mm/s2.  Some stats from yesterday suggested 2g was being exceeded on the initial take-off, meaning that throughout the flight, the integrated velocity would be wrong.  So I’ve updated the accelerometer range to ±4g (1.2mm/s2). So far that’s not had the radical change I’d hope for, so more testing to try to understand why.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.